8.2.09

Banana Bread - Feb. 08, 2009



Mmmmm, Banana bread! I had a few getting-mushy bananas sitting in my fruit bowl, and I couldn't think of anything I'd enjoy more than delicious, delicious, freshly baked banana bread. Is there anything more wonderful than the smell of baking, especially on a cold day? (The answer, if you were wondering, is no.)


I looked through the WW recipes I had for banana bread, and, honestly... They just weren't what I was looking for. One had oatmeal, the other, dried dates. I'm sure they're great recipes, but I just couldn't bring myself to put dried dates in with my banana bread. So I calculated out the recipe from my Betty Crocker cookbook, which makes 2 loafs, and the amount per slice was a totally acceptable 3 pts per 1/12th of a loaf.


I made a minor health substitution... I changed half of the white flour out for whole wheat flour, which you totally couldn't notice. It was the same lovely texture, the same wonderful crusty exterior.


I was actually really surprised that banana bread is actually low fat, this recipe only containing 1/2 cup of butter for the whole thing! From what I can tell, a lot of the moisture in the bread comes from the mashed bananas, and a little bit of buttermilk and eggs...


Ok, this was a yummy, yummy recipe. Did I mention Yummy?


Chantel's rating:
Ease of preparation: 3.5/5
Appearance: 4/5
Taste: 4.5/5


Hubby's rating: 4/5 (Tasty, but not out of this world.)

No comments: