21.2.09

Book Excerpt - Sometimes I need a little reminder

Excerpt from the book "Feeling Good", by Dr. David Burns. This book is about Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and is much better than I had anticipated! (Thanks Amber!)

"Why am I not worthless?"
As long as I have something to contribute to the wellbeing of myself and others, I am not worthless.
As long as what I do can have a positive effect, I am not worthless.
As long as my being alive makes a difference to even one person, I am not worthless (and this one person can be me if necessary).
If giving love, understanding, companionship, encouragement, sociability, counsel, solace means anything, I am not worthless.
If I can respect my opinions, my intelligence, I am not worthless. If others also respect me, that is a bonus.
If I have self-respect and dignity, I am not worthless.
If helping to contribute to the livlihood of my employee's families is a plus, I am not worthless.
If I do my best to help my customers and vendors through my productivity and creativity, I am not worthless.
If my presense in this milieu does make a difference to others, I am not worthless.
I am not worthless. I am eminently worthwhile!

1 comment:

Amber - on a human journey said...

I love these affirmations. I find them so important to remember. Thanks for posting!

xoxo