10.2.09

Grab 'n' Go lunch - Feb. 10, 2009

Just so everyone knows, and can make fun of me for it, I don't drive. I've honestly never really had the chance to learn, or the money to take driving lessons. Also, I'm really big, with bad knees; being behind the wheel of a can is extrodinarily uncomfortable. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to learn, but it won't happen in the next few months.

Why am I telling you all this? Why is Chantel blathering on about something you don't care about? Does she just like to hear the sound of her own... er... typing?

Not so much.

Hubbins and I usually drive to work together, as we both start at close to the time, and finish at the same time. This morning, DH was not feeling well enough to go to work, so I was in a bit of a quandry... So I called my mother to see if I could get a ride with her downtown, and her answer was, "Yes, if you can be ready in about 4 minutes."

.....

(Did I mention that I wasn't even dressed yet?)

So, a couple of minutes of RUSHING to get ready, I get downstairs and see no vehicle waiting for me, so I figure I can get some food together...

But what to bring? I don't really have time to make a sandwich, but I don't want to buy breakfast AND lunch from the cafeteria, which is expensive, and not generally figure friendly... I knew I'd probably have to buy one or two items, but I didn't want to be eating MEALS from there.

So here is what I had for breakfast and lunch today:

Breakfast:
Whole Grain Bagel w/ 1 egg & 1 slice cheese - no mayo or margarine. (cafeteria)
Tea (cafeteria)
Activia Strawberry Yogurt
Banana

Lunch:
Green Salad (cafeteria) with 2Tbsp Kraft Olive Oil Raspberry Vinegrette (that I keep in the fridge at work)
4 pieces dark rye Ryvita toast
4 wedges Laughing Cow Light Cheese
50gm deli sliced turkey
1 cup sugar snap peas
No-sugar-added chocolate pudding

Afternoon Snack:
Apple

Not a bad day's eating for 2 minutes of foraging and a little bit of cafeteria shopping... It pays to keep a couple of great grab 'n' go foods to, well, grab and go. I love to have ryvita bread and laughing cow cheese around because it's a delicious, crunchy snack, and keeping yogurt and pudding makes my daytime meals a lot more cheerful.

Now, I hope that tomorrow I have a few more than 4 minutes to get ready for work!!

4 comments:

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

You did super well on your 'grab n' go' brekky & lunch! Kudos! Sounds yummy too!

- IWILLWIN on the GDT

Mandy said...

Sorry about the deleted comment - it had a typo! D'oh! :)

Chantel said...

It WAS yummy... I am so happy that laughing cow cheese is available... It makes my life much brighter!