23.2.09

Pork Tenderloin with Corn & Red Pepper Relish - Feb. 23, 2009



Supper tonight was a Roasted Pork Tenderloin, with Corn & Red Pepper Relish (The relish was taken from a recipe from the WW 20 minutes cookbook), with couscous and brussels sprouts.

I love pork tenderloin! It is one of the easiest meats you can make, I think, and if you make it correctly it can be juicy and yummy! Plus, it's fun to serve, those great little medallions!

As for the corn and red pepper relish, it's adapted from a recipe from the WW 20 minutes or less cookbook, the brand new one. The original recipe calls for pork chops, but we had pork tenderloin, so I just calculated out the relish. It's so easy to make, really just thrown together, and it's a really tasty addition to meats. I don't know if I'd serve it with beef, but I think it could be really tasty with chicken, or shrimp, or fish. Actually, it'd be really lovely on a nice piece of whitefish!

I added a bit of extra cayenne pepper to the relish, because it adds a nice kick, which I really like. It balances the flavors nicely, with the sweet and sour.

The couscous is pretty simple to make, which is why I like making it as a side dish. I just put 1 cup couscous into a bowl, added dried rosemary, thyme, basil, and some salt and pepper. I poured 1 3/4 cup of bowling water over top. When all the liquid was absorbed, I added 6 Tbsp of Kraft Olive Oil salad dressing. It's flavorful, and a nice carb.

And then of course there were my steamer-bag brussel sprouts!

For the relish:

Chantel's review:
Ease of preparation - 4.5/5
Appearance - 4.5/5
Taste - 4/5

No comments: