22.3.09

As this blog IS about food... March 22, 2009

I've become known for cakes. At work, in my family - I'm the one to turn to if you want a cake. The last time this came up, on my grandma's birthday, it was a bit of a dilemna... Do I make a WW cake, when most of the people there aren't on it? No, that wouldn't be appropriate. So I guess I'll be making a regular cake, with regular frosting... But what do I do with those batter covered beaters?!

I managed to resist pretty well. It helped that chocolate cake is my husbands FAVORITE FOOD EVER!!! Especially as we were asked to take home the leftovers...



It's a german chocolate cake, crumb coated with homemade orange buttercream, then covered in fondant and decorated with buttercream from a mix... Pretty much everyone just ate the cake and orange buttercream... The fondant LOOKS pretty, but It doesn't TASTE so good... Plus, to get that saturated pink colour, I used a lot of food colouring, and anything red related tends to turn out bitter...

No comments: