5.3.09

Some ruminations

I've been thinking a lot lately (so THAT'S what that burning smell was!), and it's recently come to me that I'm nearing my 8 week mark of WW... The significance of that is that the very first time I did WW, going to the meetings in Burnaby, I quit at about the 8 week mark. I just couldn't plan, eat right, anymore. That was the longest, best go I'd had up until this point, and I know that at this point, I was suffering. I could barely make it through a day, and I don't think I was OP anymore, but I hadn't officially quit.

This time around, I'm really, really enjoying myself. I'm eating healthy, filling foods, whole foods, instead of junk food. And if I want a treat (for example, the cherry strudel I had yesterday), I can have it and not feel guilty. Plus, I'm getting active! I earned more AP yesterday than I ever had earned in an entire WEEK previously!

Sometimes I still find it hard to believe that losing weight could feel so good! And sometimes, I still struggle with not buying the chocolate bar, making supper instead of getting a big mac, not ordering the fat-loaded meals at restaurants. I think that the knowing that I COULD do all of those makes it easier, but knowing that I SHOULDN'T makes me want to! And sometimes, the get-up-and-go to exercise is elusive, and I have to force myself to move...

But this feels like a lifetime decision this time.

And I'm certainly not suffering!

2 comments:

Me said...

You are an inspiration. Right now I'm finding WW hard to stick to but I want to be successful SO badly.

Chantel said...

I honestly think that the reason I've been finding WW so much easier to stick to is because I've really changed what I'm eating... The first time I did WW, I ate whatever foods I felt like, but I was suffering and starving, because while I was eating enough calories, I wasn't eating enough FOOD! And this time, I'm eating fruits and veggies and whole grains, and sometimes I have a hard time eating all my points...