23.3.09

Walkity-Walk-Walk - March 23, 2009

So, I went to the walking track today with my mum, and I did...

11 laps! (My previous best was 9 laps!!)

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd...

3/4 of one of those laps was JOGGING!!!

11 x 215m = 2.365 km!!

215 x 3/4 = 161.25m of jogging!

I'm working my way up to 1 full lap of straight jogging. Today, when I was finishing my 10th lap, I decided I'd jog the last 1/4 lap, which is equal to the most jogging I've done since.... Grade 8? I was sitting, recouping, talking to my mom about wanting to build up to a full lap, and I decided that the next time, I'd try for a half lap. And then... I decided that I would get up and do that half lap THIS time! So I did the half lap, barely made it, but I DID!

After I rested, I finished the lap... My feet are SO sore now, but in that good, I just kicked my own butt kinda way!!!

2 comments:

The Incredible Shrinking Tushie said...

good for you babe..you are just getting better and better everyday...:)

Amber - on a human journey said...

Awesome awesomeness! My only caution would be your knees, as jogging can cause a lot of damage when overweight, as I learned last year. Just take it slow! :)