30.5.09

Driving....

... freaks me out. I don't want to drive.

I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't WANNA!!!

So, my first actual, in-car driving lesson is today at 11am.

I really don't like driving, and we'll be doing different driving than I've been doing lately... The thought of driving out to the Mayo road is making me very, very pukey feeling.

I'm going with the lady who's been teaching the theory classes, though, and she's a really great lady, so I'm glad for that... They're doing two cars, and she specifically made sure I signed up to drive with her. I'm having a hard time driving with DH... He COULD be a good teacher, but he gets really tense, not being in control, and that makes me really nervous. And then we both end up angry... I think the last time we went driving together, we ended up saying some 'not-so-nice' things to each other.

I was excited to learn to drive when I was 16... And I think the first time I got into the car, that all disappeared, and turned to horrible, raging dread. That horrible, raging dread still hasn't gone away, 9 years later...

But I'm going to learn, no matter HOW I feel! If we still lived in Vancouver, I'd just take the bus everywhere, but transit here is pretty crap...

Anywho, if you don't hear from me again, I've probably gone over a cliff in a blaze of glory...

That was supposed to be a joke, folks!

3 comments:

Krista said...

I'm 32 and just got my full licence this year...I hear you on ALL levels.

With that being said now I can't imagine not having my licence.

Good luck!

Lisa said...

Driving freaked me out too. I was 25 when I got my licence and I swore that I would never be comfortable enough to just get in a car and drive. I was wrong. You'll love it. It's a freedom unlike any other. Good luck!

cdblueberry said...

I promise you, once you get the hang of it you will love it!

Unless you are stuck in traffic or construction :P

It's not just the driving, it's the sense of freedom and independence.

Good luck!

Oh lord, I just realized I've been driving for 1/2 my life, 17 years. lol, I'm getting old :s