18.5.09

Interesting Development ~May 18th? Whatever...

There is currently a dog in our backyard. Why, you ask?

Because I'm a softie, a total total softie.

As I said in my last blog post, we went to go and visit my parents at Fox Lake Campground, and while we were there, we noticed there was a really friendly dog running around. We assumed he belonged to someone, as he was always WITH people, but then I heard the story:

He had been ABANDONED there!!!

Apparently, on friday, some guy had come up in a truck, booted the dog out, and just LEFT!

Of course, I went around to all the campsites, making sure that was in fact the case... One of the last campsites had actually SEEN this happen, really just confirming the fact that this guy was, for realz, a sweet, gigantic, abandoned dog.

So now, we have a quiet, well-behaved, Shepherd/Rottie X in our backyard. We took him down to the shelter to have him scanned for a microchip (none) and to give him a bath! He was a dirty, dirty boy, probably from sleeping in the woods!

We're not sure whether or not we'll keep him... If not, we'll surrender to him our local shelter (which has a no-kill policy) and probably go visit him.

I hope that someone out there is missing him.

But if you see me mention Jack, I haven't taken a lover; I've simply taken in a stray.

5 comments:

Tundramunkie said...

How sweet!

I wish so badly I could have a dog right now...

Apartment life sucks.
And I think Jack is an apt name, considering his recent circumstances... *starts humming "hit the road, Jack"...*

Chantel said...

Lol! We were thinking Jack London, like Call of the Wild!

Carly said...

Hi Chantal. I'm just a random follower of your blog from the message boards. My name is C-Hubbs there.

Good for you for rescuing Jack. It's unbelievable (yet sadly common) how cruel people can be. Fortunately, there are just as many people like you, who will help where they can.

Yeah, so just thought I'd stop lurking and say hi. :)

Chantel said...

Thanks so much Carly! Our cat was an abandoned animal too, and we just can't understand how people could abandon such wonderful animals!

chubbs said...

BTW - I meant Chantel.. My bad! You know how you just kinda get used to spelling a name one way? I know a Chantal. Chantel Chantel Chantel. Use it three times and I'll get it right!