9.6.09

Challenge for you peeps! ~June 9th, 2009

(Shorter, as my longer post got eaten by the interwebs...)

I want to challenge ALL of you weight-loss folks to go and take some time to work on your mental health. I don't care if you think you're depressed or binge eating or not.

I think this is ESPECIALLY important if you've tried and failed before. I think this is ESPECIALLY important if you can't figure out why your brain seems to be sabotaging your weight loss.

I think this is ESPECIALLY, CRUCIALLY important if you don't love yourself the way you are, at the weight you're at, with the body you have, RIGHT THIS SECOND.

I'm BEGGING all of you! If you don't have the money, or the health insurance coverage, look at getting an appointment with your local branch of Mental Health. Talk to your family doctor and ask for some solutions! Find a workshop that deals with learning coping skills and managing depression. Take some meditation classes.

Please!!!

1 comment:

Visichy said...

This is probably something I should have done a long time ago. Thanks for the gentle shove. I'll look and see what programs are available to me through my employer.
Vicky (aka Hi_stepper on the GDT)