15.6.09

The first gain ~June 15th, 2009

So, I took a weekend off from tracking, from being OP... I'm glad I made that decision, because, although I had a good time for most of the weekend, because of certain circumstances, I would have been too tired to be much good about counting anyway...

So I gained 6 pounds.

And I'm totally okay with that!

Firstly, I know I didn't eat an extra 21000 calories this weekend, so I know that this isn't all fat. I had a bunch of salty food, and not as much water as I should have, so I will be retaining water something fierce...

But also, emotionally, I needed a weekend off. I've been on this for about 5 1/5 months now, and I've been SO darn good! But I'm still human, and this still needs to become a lifestyle and not just a diet, so I need to be allowed to take a small break.

I don't feel the need to keep not tracking, and I'm really happy for that. I'm back on plan this morning, and I'm sure I'll have a good loss this week, now that I'm back drinking my wattah!

Pictures tonight, I promise!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Drink the water! It's most likely all water weight from salty stuff and it will come off this week.

As someone else who has a fair bit to lose I totally understand how you're feeling about balancing the "lifestyle" and taking a break. I allow myself to do that as well. Usually a day here or there depending on circumstances. It helps keep me focused and not obsessed with food. I look at it as another tool for the long-term.

Syl said...

Chantel,
I am so glad to hear that you took a "break". We are all human and sometimes it takes a little break to get us going again.
You attitute about the whole thing is fantastic and this is why you are going to be such a SUCCESS!
Keep it up and I can't wait to see your pictures!

Joania said...

We all need a break sometime...you're back on track and that's all that matters. I've been feeling the same way of late. I think a break every now and then is necessary for us to succeed on our journeys. All the best!! :)

I love your blog btw!

Visichy said...

Taking an occasional break is a good thing. As long as you get back on track (which you are) then it's a healthy move.