29.6.09

Weekend re-cap, and Whole Foods Week!!

So, I really should have grocery shopped yesterday evening instead of napping, as this is the start of whole foods challenge week, but after this weekend, I was (and still am) exhausted!

The solstice festival weekend was good, but really rainy and cold... Friday night, it took me more than an hour to warm up to the point that my skin wasn't cold... And both friday and saturday, I was out there from 10am to midnight, so it was long days. Yesterday I left at about 5:30pm, along with the other craft vendors, and then I went and slept and slept and slept... Of course, we got a couple of phone calls... Stupid phone calls >.<

Today, I'm tired enough that I'm having a hard time focussing my eyes, and I'm feeling a bit feverish... The thought keeping me going?

2 days of work, then we get Canada Day off!!

As for the whole foods week challenge...

Thanks to my AMAZING husband (AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING) I am, infact, starting the whole foods week today, and not tomorrow... The wonderful man made bread last night, and then put a roast in the slow cooker so we'd have sandwich meat today. THEN he made an omelette this morning (Eggs and cheese - not the processed stuff). To supplement my omelette, I had a one slice sandwich with natural peanut butter (one ingredient - peanuts) and jam (small batch stuff from Kelowna - ingredients: plums, sugar, pectin)... Lunch is a roast beast sandwich, banana and apple. I'm going to be HUNGRY when I get home! But we're going to have roast beef, and probably potatoes and corn on the cob. And maybe brussel sprouts.

I think today, I'm going to look up recipes for homemade granola bars, or even just homemade granola... Also, I'm going to buy yogurt (plain, not low-fat) for breakfasts, to have with fruit and honey or maple syrup...

Oh, also had Tim Horton's tea this morning. One milk, one sugar.

Must... have... caffeine...

4 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

whew, that does sound like a long weekend!

Food sounds yummy! Good luck this week!

Tundramunkie said...

Yum. You just inspired me to make tea.

how did your sales go? Enough to cover your materials and the booth?

Chantel said...

Yeah, I made enough to cover everything, including all the delicious, not very good for me food that DH and I ate!! Also, my half of the shelter thing, all the tarps and ropes, etc etc...

I don't think I made any profit, but a lady who owns a store in town is interested in buying some of my 'secret message' necklaces :)

Amber - on a human journey said...

I cannot WAIT to eat your yummy whole food when I come!!! mmmmmmm