8.6.09

Weigh-In and Green Monster ~June 8th, 2009

So, I figured that this week, I'd have a gain, because of last week's gigantic loss...

I lost 2.3 lbs! What?!

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, you know?

On another note, I had my first "Green Monster" today... It's definitely GREEN! I had banana and peanut butter, and I ended up having to add a little bit of honey because it wasn't very sweet... The aftertaste to me is definitely spinach, and next time I should pre-grind the flax seed, because it's still a little chewy.

I don't know that this is going to be a regular occurance for me, but we'll see... I would rather have my spinach as a salad, my banana whole, and my peanut butter on a pita with nutella. The downside to the green monster is that, at only 6 points, it's actually shortchanging my breakfast points. I have a bunch of strawberries on the side, but my normal breakfast is 10-12 points, because I'm supposed to eat 44 points a day.

The thought of DRINKING spinach still sounds kinda... Yuggy.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

You're a good sport! I've been tempted to try the Green Monster after all the blogling (get it, blogling instead of ogling.... I kill me :) I've been doing of the recipes but I secretly think it would be kind of gross. I can just see Paige's face when I hand her a green monster in the morning. Might be worth it just for that!

Me said...

I don't think I could drink spinach! Ick. A salad with spinach, sliced strawberries and a little feta is really yummy. I just squeeze a lemon wedge over it for dressing.

Chantel said...

It really wasn't GROSS!! You couldn't taste much in the way of spinach!

But, even though I knew it didn't taste bad, I still had a hard time bringing it to my mouth...

I think that next time, I'd take out the PB (maybe sub in some tofu for protein?) and add more fruit... With just a banana, it wasn't really sweet enough.