30.6.09

Whole Foods Challenge - Day 2

So far, so good.

And by good, I mean really, really yummy!!

Last night, we had roast beef with gravy, roasted potatoes, and corn on the cob. It was SO good!! And it was all homemade, made from scratch!

Today, I started out with a homemade granola bar (although it has dried apples, cranberries, and semi-sweet chocolate in it, so not ENTIRELY perfect, but I believe it's in the spirit of the challenge). It's very tasty, but I think it can be improved, so I'm not going to give out the recipe until then... I also had plain yogurt (regular, NOT low fat) with some honey and sliced strawberries, and then a banana on the side. Very tasty, very satisfying...

Lunch is another granola bar, and a roast beast sandwich, along with grapes and an apple.

Supper... Well, I'm not entirely sure... We bought a bulk pack of chicken drumsticks, and I'd love to do teriyaki glazed and toss them on the bbq, but I'm going to have to look up recipes... Does soy sauce count as a whole food? What else would I use?!

I changed my WI day to fridays, to be kind to myself... I plan on doing lots of camping, during which time I will be a lot more lenient about my eating...

Speaking of, 14 sleeps to leaving for the Tombstones, and 44 sleeps 'til Amber gets here!! This will be a GREAT summer!

1 comment:

Vanessa (Last Night's Leftovers) said...

I've never made my own granola bars! I will have to try very, very soon.

-Vanessa..aka Wheebs from ww.ca