7.7.09

Thanks, but... No thanks! ~July 7, 2009

So, I'm not going to go for the surgery.

I'm not going to go for the info session.

I know that I don't need it, and I don't need (as my doctor suggested) to go and compare myself to the other big people, see where I am compared to them. Not in a cruel way, of course, but to help myself make the decision...

I don't need the help. I know myself.

I love myself, darnit, stomach intact, and not restricted by a plastic ring pumped full of saline...

I know I'd love myself even if I got the surgery, but I'd be disappointed with myself... I know I'm strong enough, both physically and emotionally, to do this on my own. Also, I'd be postponing someone else's chance at getting the help they NEED...

So, I just wanted to let you all know that... Shall we toast with watermelon and delicious, delicious frozen yogurt?

3 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

I went to a surgery seminar once. I left and said holy crap, if I have to do ALL OF THAT if I get the surgery, why not just do it without the surgery! Seriously. They make you lose weight before the surgery anyways. After the surgery, you have to count calories, eat balanced meals, workout. So I said, screw the surgery, I'll just do it myself!

I'm cheers'ing you with my bottle of water - YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF!

Me said...

Saying cheers with an ice cold bottle of water :)

cdblueberry said...

Yay, I'm glad you are happy with yourself & your decision!

I KNOW that you will do this, you my dear, are a force of nature!