6.8.09

Confession is good for the soul, right?


Alright, I'm having a problem...

I'm getting so darn tired of tracking!!
And to make matters worse, I need to be writing down everything I eat for my dr, because *dun dun dunnnnnnnnn* I have high cholesterol. And I have for a few years now. My doctor wants to know whether or not he should put me on meds for it, as, strangely enough, he doesn't want me to die... Crazy, eh?

The problem?

I haven't been tracking since monday, when, at a bbq, I nibbled my way through more points than I wanted to count. And then tuesday, since I wasn't really counting anyway, I might have mowed my way through a bag of maltesers... They're mostly air though, right? :oP

So, why am I telling you guys this?

Because I know when I've been bad, and I don't WANT to be complacent!!

I also posted on the GDT about this, because I want to be accountable, and keep going with this. I got lazy, and I wanted to ignore the high cholesterol, and I didn't feel like doing anything, but I'm back!

I've tracked, now, and I've written it down... I'm going to need 2 pages per day! Man alive, I eat a lot of food, when you break it down!!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

It happens to the best of us Chantel. Sometimes tracking just plain sucks. And you've been doing so well for so long, of course you want a break. But the bottom line? Tracking works. When you count your points, you lose. When you stop, you don't.

This is hard work. But the rewards are for life. A long life, a good life, a healthy life. Not a life of self recrimination.

You can do it. Hang in there! And WTG for being accountable! You rock!

Syl said...

I totally hear you, the tracking can get a bit old, but tracking does work.
Maybe just take a few days off and track mentally and see what happens.