29.9.09

25 reasons...

25 reasons that I'm losing weight... (the first 14 are from on the WW GDT... I thought I'd expand on them!)

1. Because I don't want to die before I turn 30.


2. Because I want to be a mom worthy of the kids I'm going to have someday.

3. Because I want to be able to say that I'm HEALTHY, which I've never been able to.

4. Because I was getting too big even for Penningtons.

5. Because I want to have better sex with my amazing husband.

6. Because I want to be able to kayak, and hike, and jog, and dance.

7. Because I'm already not bad looking, for someone my size, and it can only get better from here!

8. Because airplane seats aren't designed to hold two people.

9. Because there is a lot of prejudice out there.

10. To look fabulous at my 10 year reunion.

11. To never have to feel the stigma of being so huge EVER again.

12. So that I can have some really good credibility when I go to help other people struggling with their weight.

13. Because I want to look freakin' hot!

14. For my knees, for my back, for my feet...

15. For my heart.

16. Because I really, REALLY want some cute bras!

17. So I can get a new sofa without fear of cutting its life short with my girth.

18. So I no longer have any reason to refer to my extra me as "girth".

19. To beat heredity.

20. To really, truly conquer ALL parts of my binge eating.

21. Because I'm on a roll, baby!!

22. I don't ever want to have to depend on ice cream for my mental health again.

23. I'm tired of disappointing my wonderful, active husband when he wants to do something, and I hurt too much.

24. Because I'm tired of always being sore and tired.

25. Because I CAN, dammit!!!

4 comments:

what-e-ver said...

Good for you for being able to list all these things. It certainly puts things in perspective and reminds you why you started this journey in the first place. It is very inpiring also.

Tamara said...

Great list Chantel! I like #25 the best of all.

Brenlin said...

I love your list, CDot!!
I can relate to everything you have listed. We will lose the weight...because we can, dammit!

Allie (Protein Girl) said...

What a beautiful list! You rock!