4.9.09

What's the damage?

Ah, weigh in day. Crazy joy when I'm on plan, bane of my existance when I'm not... The scale has been sitting in my bathroom, staring at me...

I'll admit that I stepped on it once, and the results it gave me were horrific. As in, the decade number had gone up horrific. So my expectations for today's weigh-in were a little sad...

I was expecting a gain of about 8 lbs, based on what I'd seen earlier, but I was only up 4 lbs overall, so I'm pretty stoked, actually!

But even better than the better-than-expected WI was what I was able to do on vacation...

I was able to walk around for a long time, and I was able to HIKE!!

For those of you who've never been to five-finger rapids, this:



is how they start. Or finish, when you're coming back. And those aren't the only stairs you end up negotiating! And I did this! I hiked, and I did the stairs! Granted, on the way back up, I had to pause at every landing (these are long darn stairs, folks!) but I made it!

I'm so incredibly proud of myself...

Stay tuned for a post with a few photos of meeeee... As taken by my wonderful friend Amber, who is an excellent photographer!

2 comments:

Kimberley said...

Excellent news on the small gain!

I feel you on the hike. I just came back from vacation and there was a mile hike involving a million stairs and then caves and climbing on, over and around rocks. But I did it too!!!

Visichy said...

The stairs look killer! Good for you for being able to do them. Talk about your NSV :D