2.11.09

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

Well, it started snowing in earnest here in Whitehorse on Saturday, just in time for the trick or treaters... That means... Shovelling snow!

And what does shovelling snow mean?

ACTIVITY POINTS!!

I've now earned 17 activity points in the last 3 days, all from shovelling snow!

Granted, I don't necessarily want to keep that pace up, but it's a great way to burn some calories. It's a LOT easier this year, and I actually really enjoy the workout, and the fresh air. I'm sure that at minus 40, the air will be just a bit too fresh for my tastes, but for now, it's very invigorating!

And more AP's means more hot chocolate for Chantel!!!

Speaking of...

The REAL DEAL hot chocolate

3/4 cup water
1 1/2 oz dark chocolate
2 tbsp sugar
tiny pinch of salt
1 1/2 milk, 1%

Heat water and chocolate over medium heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate is completely melted and mixed in. Add in sugar and salt, and turn the heat up to high. Bring the mixture to boiling, and boil for 4 minutes. Turn heat down to medium-low.

Add milk, and stir to combine. Simmer until heated through, but don't let it boil or it'll get a skin.

You can drink it as is, or use a frother to, well, froth it!

Serves 2 @ 5 points per serving. (It's worth it... SOOO good)

3 comments:

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

GREAT job on the activity points!

I'm not a WW member but was just thinking about a coworker of mine who was and was struggling because she was eating her points and staying within her goal but hadn't lost any weight for about 3 weeks. She talked to her leader her casually pointed out just because she earned the activity points doesn't mean she had to use them.

Hot chocolate isn't off limits so enjoy but keep your balance! Liquid calories are sneaky! BUT...that real deal hot chocolate you listed does sound divine!!!

Tamara said...

I actually really love shovelling snow sometimes too. It is a good workout! NOt sure I'd be getting too excited about it this early in the year though. LOL! Good Work Chantel.

Chantel said...

If I earn fewer than 10 AP a week, I don't eat any, but more than that, and I'll allow myself a few.

That's the great thing about this hot chocolate... It's all measured out, and I've plunked it in the recipe builder so I have the exact points... And then I have half, and my husband has half, and there isn't any left at the end for us to sneak :p