12.1.10

Day 366 ~ Another year begun.

Today is the beginning of a new year for me - a new year of becoming a healthier me.

On this sort of occasion, people seem to like to look back and wax poetic about what the past year has brought, and I thought I might do a little of that, if you all will indulge me?

Things that Chantel has learned in the past year:

- Thank God for Anti-Depressents.
- Most recipes call for WAY more oil than is really needed.
- Salad can be tasty!
- Sometimes, if you let people try to do their own thing, they can really surprise you, in a good way!
- Homemade bagels, pasta, and bread are WAY better!
- "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips" is a stupid thing to say.
- There are incredible, supportive people out there, if you let them be there for you.
- Cheese? Worth the points.
- Chocolate? Worth the points.
- Chicken wings? Not at all. *edit - for me*
- Speaking of chicken wings - When you lose weight, your arms get all flappy...
- How to drive, and the incredible sense of freedom that can bring.
- Hunger is NOT an emergency.
- How to make real, and really delicious, hot chocolate.
- 8 oz of meat is NOT a necessity at every supper.
- Protein + Carbs = More filling.
- Tofu is not the enemy!!
- Camping in a tent can be SO liberating!
- Camping in a tent can be cold and miserable.
- Sometimes, if people want to loan you their lovely, heated trailer, "Yes" is a good answer.
- Patience, compassion, and a sense of humour are three very top-of-the-list things in a good husband.
- Being hot doesn't hurt either...
- I have a very, VERY good husband.
- That being said...

I am enough, in and of myself. I am all I need for my own emotional well-being. I am stronger than I thought, and more persistant than I gave myself credit for. I am kind and compassionate for others, and I can be for myself as well! It's allowed!!

What do I want for this coming year? Well, I guess I'd like to see a 2 as the beginning number of my weight, which will be an incredible thing. I'd also like to fit into a size 22 pant, since that will mean that I can buy pants where I live.

But really, I want to keep going with what I'm doing right now. I'm living a normal, good life, where food isn't the center of my attention. I'm active and getting more so. I am so content, and joyful, and it is very good.

Here's to another year of points-tracking, portion counting, and fulfillment.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

Great post, Chantel!

Although.. I have to disagree.. Chicken wings are worth it. Especially lemon pepper ones lol.

Cheers to finding everything you want in the coming year. Size 22 pants... a two starting your weight and continuing happiness.

PM

Sadie said...

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You're amazing.

Love the list!

Kristi-Bisti said...

I lurve your list! It sounds like you have learned a lot!

Tamara said...

Great list Chantel. You've had an amazing year. I hope 2010 is just as successful for you!

Anonymous said...

I inclination not agree on it. I regard as precise post. Expressly the title attracted me to study the unscathed story.

Brenlin said...

I love it. I'm so happy for you, CDot, for all you've accomplished. I know you're going to see your 2010 goals come to fruition. I'll be cheering you on all the way! :)