24.8.10

Needed to vent...

Firstly... Hi there!

Secondly... My knee seems to be healing up well... I'm looking forward to getting back on track in the next couple of weeks. I might not be able to do much more than walk, but I'm going to do what I can!

Thirdly... I'm having a bit of a "I hate people" day. I think that the subject of "Fat people on airplanes" should never be brought up. Ever.

WE'RE ALL UNCOMFORTABLE, PEOPLE! Airplanes are designed to pack as MANY people in per square foot as possible.

Yeah, I'm sorry that I'm fat. I'm working on that, but I can't lose all the fat in 10 minutes. Or 10 days. Not even 10 months. Yup, come back to me after a year of weight loss, and I'll STILL be overweight.

F*** You for deciding that your rights are more important than mine. I still have every right to fly, and no, I can't afford a second ticket. Live with it.

God, I hope you never have any problems that inconvenience other people, really.

*grump grump grump*

/vent

3 comments:

Kristi-Bisti said...

you are so right about it being crammed for EVERYBODY in an airplane! I saw a picture the other day and a small man's shoulder was in the seat beside him.

I know when I last flew at 320 lbs, I would always check at the gate if there was a seat by itself - so the other person could have a more "enjoyable" flight.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I hate flying because of my weight. At least now with kids I get to sit beside them instead of some other pissy person!

Carole said...

My husband is 6'6", and he's always crammed to the max with his knees up against his chin, and God forbid if he happens to be in a middle seat. However, he doesn't have to contend with people's glares and eye-rolling; he only has to worry about that in theatres.
Airline seats (and seatbelts) are equivalent to back seats of cars: made for kids.